- CAS NO.:85-41-6
- Appearance:Swan White Powder
- Chemical Name:Phtalimide
- Structural Formula:C8H5O2N
- Moluculer Weight:147.13
- Packing :25 Kgs. H. D. P. E. Bags With Inside Polythene Liner.
- Intermediate for Dyestuffs, Pharmaceutical intermediates, Agrochemicals, Specialty Chemicals
- Phthalimide is used as a precursor to anthranilic acid, a precursor to azo dyes and saccharin.
- Alkyl phthalimides are useful precursors to amines in chemical synthesis, especially in peptide synthesis where they are used "to block both hydrogens and avoid racemization of the substrates". Alkyl halides can be converted to the N-alkylphthalimide.
- Some examples of phthalimide drugs include thalidomide, amphotalide, taltrimide and talmetoprim. With a trichloromethylthio substituent, a phthalimide-derived fungicide is Folpet.