- CAS NO.:118-92-3
- Appearance:Light cremish yellow Powder
- Chemical Name:O-Amino Benzoic Acid,2-Amino Benzoic Acid
- Structural Formula:C7H7NO2
- Moluculer Weight:137.15
- Purity:Min.98%(By NV)
- Packing :25 Kgs. H. D. P. E. Bags With Inside Polythene Liner.
- Anthranilic Acid is used for making dyes, dye-intermediates, perfumery chemicals, pigments, pharmaceutical intermediates.
- Chlorination of anthranilic acid gives the 2,4-dichloro derivative.
- Industrially, anthranilic acid is an intermediate in the production of azo dyes and saccharin. It and its esters are used in preparing perfumes to imitate jasmine and orange, pharmaceuticals (loop diuretics e.g. furosemide) and UV-absorber as well as corrosion inhibitors for metals and mold inhibitors in soy sauce.
- Anthranilate-based insect repellents have been proposed as replacements for DEET.
- Fenamic acid is a derivative of anthranilic acid, which in turn is a nitrogen isostere of salicylic acid, which is the active metabolite of aspirin.Several non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, including mefenamic acid, tolfenamic acid, flufenamic acid, and meclofenamic acid are derived from fenamic acid or anthranilic acid and are called "anthranilic acid derivatives" or "fenamates".